Fig and goat cheese salad extraordinaire!
I love, love, love this salad! I bring it to any party or event I can and people love it. I had something similar at a restaurant and then made my own with a few modifications. All ingredient amounts are sort of to-taste.
- Equal amounts of spring mix and arugula lettuces
- 1 or 2 containers of plain crumbled goat cheese, depending on size of salad (too much makes the salad sort of a mess)
- Dried figs
- Fresh dill
- Shelled pistachios (unsalted)
- Annie’s® Naturals Balsamic Vinaigrette (this dressing has the perfect consistency and flavor for this salad. Other store-bought balsamics have a different style. Use THIS dressing.)
- Place lettuce and goat cheese into large salad bowl
- Cut figs into small pieces (they are mushy and sticky so use sharp knife)
- Pull or use kitchen scissors to cut fresh dill (avoid dill stems)
- Chop pistachios a little bit (not crushed, just lightly chopped)
- Add ingredients and Annie’s® balsamic dressing to salad and toss (go easy on dressing – more can always be added, too much dressing makes this a mushy mess)
- Serve right away